Monday, September 24, 2007

SYAFIQUE: THE DEBUT

A few days after meeting the gang at Mandarin Oriental, I kept in contact with two friends. Both said I looked so thin. One was asking whether I have been miserable.

Can one's outer appearance reflects the inner soul?

It's true I have gone through a lot these past few weeks, but not to the point of losing so much weight. I thought I just looked the same. It must be the fasting month that has led me to lose some weight. It feels great to rekindle the friendship and to meet familiar faces again and to give each other warm hugs. It was the first time meeting them since the exam period. They looked stunning in their prom dresses.

What matters now is the gang and I will buka puasa together, hopefully, this week. I glad I met them at the hotel. Can't wait to meet the gang again!

***

Ken must be upset that my post is kinda short, so, part 2:

Before meeting the gang at Mandarin Oriental, we Buka Puasa at Little Penang Cafe. We ordered Nasi Lemak Penang. We were expecting spicy sambal, crunchy peanuts and chicken.

Guess what we got?

No peanuts, no chicken and very, very little sambal. Oh yeah, we had to eat Nasi Lemak with fish (and I am definitely NOT a fan of fish!!). We asked the waiter but he said that Nasi Lemak Penang is served with fish, not chicken. Nasi Lemak Chicken is definitely served with Chicken (just like what its name suggests!!!).

Argh, next time must read the menu carefully.

Nevertheless, the nasi lemak was still GREAT!

7 comments:

ken said...

Wah!~! The first post written by you in my blog!... Its an honour to have you here. Yes, cant wait for the meeting soon!!!

For buka puasa of coz~~~

ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER said...

syaf,

i've given you my number, yet i hear no sound and receive no words. i wish you have told me earlier about your exit from 8tv, for i sent your kad raya tp that tv station. *sigh*

selamat hari raya aidilfitri, bro. maaf zahir dan batin.



xoxo
shah (who's not happy)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back :-)

alyaa.p said...

yaye you're back!! :)

Syaf said...

OMIGODDD!!! My loyal readers are back. hehehe. welcome to KEN THE BLOG!

zeyn,
I am so sorry. It was tough leaving 8TV and it was tougher during the period when I had to find a new job.

I am so sorry for all the troubles I have given you.

MT,
Thanks for visiting!

alyaa,
YEAAAAA :)

ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER said...

syaf,

it's okay. but really, if you need someone to talk to, you have my number.