Tuesday, October 16, 2007

THANK YOU, FRIENDS!

By SS

Yesterday, a handful of my University friends and also the owner of this blog, Ken, went to hangout at Sunway Pyramid. I have never been to the new wings, so I guess it was about time that I checked out the place, especially since that place used to be one of my hangout places. Felt like a stranger as I stepped into the new Wing, Everything was so new.

We first went for lunch. The conversation revolves around work, some television station, clubbing, exams, people, me, me caught in a love triangle (that was damn funny! Me, in a love triangle?). And yes, as usual I was the last person to finish my food. I do not have the skills to talk and eat at the same time and that is why I am such a slow eater. When I saw the bill I was shocked to see that the government tax and the service charge comes to around RM 10. Whoa, that's a lot.

Later on, we played bowling. Ken showed his skills right at the end of the first game with four straight strikes. I repeat: FOUR STRAIGHT STRIKES! He needed some time to warm up. As for me, no comment. But I did score a strike. More importantly, my team won (Argh, I wish. LOL!). The game of bowling was fun, but we might play a game of pool or futsal next.

After bowling, Ken and I decided to walk around the new wing. It has always been a tradition of ours to walk around the mall, just like what we did in Suria KLCC, and afterwards, I will be complaining about how much my legs hurt and how I needed some massage.

We actually had a serious conversation about working and how to adapt to our new working environment. I really needed that conversation and Ken really has a lot to say and he gave so many tips and advice, which was extremely helpful. It was really nice to be able to talk to someone that understands what I am going through right now.

Before I end this post, I would also like to thank my uni friends for the togetherness. It was great to see familiar faces again. The last time I saw some of them was during the Prom, but we did not talk a lot. We shared lots of stories and laughters. It was a great way to celebrate the third day of Hari Raya!

5 comments:

ken said...

Let me be the first to comment on a touching entry by my contributor, Syaf.

I arrived Pyramid around 11am
and browsed around the new wing. Let me introduce, it has 3 new floors with Harvey Norman, SEN-Q, TGIF, Jusco, and many other popular branded outlets.

Ya, lunch was great. It was indeed funny when you were caught in the "love triangle". I was laughing inside of me while eating. :P

Plz.. theres no need to make any special announcements about my bowling skills la... I am simply enjoying my bowling games with you all... hehehe... Looking forward to pool and futsal. :)

I am happy that our motivational talk on work-related topics is helpful to you... I am glad to be of help to you anytime anywhere... hahaha...

Before I end this comment, I would like to thank everyone that was able to come for our meet-up yesterday at Sunway Pyramid. It was great meeting with the Monash gang and some new friends. Lots of fun, enjoyment, stories, and of coz laughters.

We shall have another meet up soon!!! The more people, the merrier!!!

Veni said...

Wah...how come i was not invited.... :( i could have beaten Kenneth in bowling so easily.

ken said...

To Veni: Well, I thought you went up north to other state edi... hehehe...
Hmmmm, you sure you can beat me "easily" in bowling? We shall see in due time. hahaha.. lol

Jasmine Yeoh said...

Syaf, i had a wonderful time too. Its so nice to see u again. not to forget ken too.hehe.

i had an enjoyable time listening to ur stories. so exciting.haha. like serial drama. hope it will a smooth drive for u in ur new job.

wish you all the best in your future. have faith and believe in urself.

hope to see u guys again. take k. =)

Syaf said...

Ken,
Thanks once again for the motivational talk. Yep, we shall meet next time for pool and futsal.

Veni,
U should have been there as I could not beat Ken. LOL! Well, he was in the same time as me so I should not say something like that unless we are opponents. :D

Jasmine,
Welcome! How do you know this blog? Hehehe...Thanks for dropping by. It was great seeing you and Eunice. Looking forward to our next meet-up! Take care.